Hey y’all! I have officially found out that I am absolutely horrible at resolutions. I haven’t posted anything in months and I feel like a bad squid. But I think I am finally getting my life together, thankfully! I have a schedule, I am finally running more, I am cooking more(and have some recipes that WILL make it to the blog! ;) ), and I am reading more. WHAT?!? Yes, I do read. My sisters don’t think so but I definitely do read. Just to let you know, I am not a big reader. In fact, I am a horrible reader. I can’t ever seem to be able to sit down and actually read a book unless its a good thriller. I could probably count the number of books I’ve read. Right now, I am reading a good book called My Antonia. It’s pretty good. I got past the first chapter. It’s not a thriller but I am determined to read it all. If I put my mind to it, I’ll somehow do it.
Besides telling you of my bad reading habits and the only book I have read in a while, I am here to show you what has been going on in my life lately. To tell the truth: err….not too much actually. Finishing up school, baking, watching movies, pretending to be the awesome girl I wish I was, instagramming, and eating. That’s basically my life right now. Oh and I can’t forget that one book that I am reading. It may take all year, but I’ll do it! I’m kind of exaggerating really…I have read a good amount of books and I do enjoy a good book.
Besides that, I have been practicing my awesome(not really) modelling skills while also juggling around the idea whether or not to post a good fashion picture for y’all. Finally, after selecting the best and most fashionable clothes of our day, I decided to use this awesome app called Photofy to run my pic through a few filters and also add a really cool MyTinyWay symbol at the top. So, here is the picture of my awesome modelling.
See? I get all the cool things on it! And yes, I know I am wearing Winne the Pooh overalls and yes I know how awesome it is to wear Winnie the Pooh overalls. Why else do you think I wear them?
Ok, now onto serious stuff: Blueberry Muffins. I don’t know about y’all, but our family has a TON of blueberries that need to be used pronto or else…well, we will have a stinky refrigerator. So, blueberry cobbler, blueberry muffins, blueberry bread, blueberry EVERYTHING! I love those little blue berries frozen by themselves as snacks. Those are the best. Yum!
These gluten free babes are the best and they are approved by my sisters as well so these go on the blog for sure!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Option
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 20-25 minutes
- 2 cups gluten free flour(I used Better Batter, but any other gluten free all purpose flour mix is sure to work)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar(I have not tried anything else besides just the plain white cane sugar, so I am not sure how honey or palm sugar will work. Use organic if that’s how you roll!)
- 1 TB baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup whole milk(can use any other milk if dairy sensitive; coconut is my fav)
- 1 egg
- 6 TB (3 ounces) melted butter OR melted coconut oil for dairy sensitivity
- 1 heaping cup of blueberries, fresh or frozen, and washed
- brown sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together well. Make a well in these dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Now, pour the melted butter/coconut oil, milk of your choice, and egg into the well. Stir well with a spatula. The batter will be pretty thick.
- Measure the blueberries into the bowl and fold it into the dough. You may pop a few berries but that’s perfectly fine!
- Scoop into the muffin tin and place in the oven. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until nice and golden brown on the outsides.
I hope you enjoy these muffins and I know that it is a pretty simple recipe but it is a great base for lemon blueberry, cinnamon blueberry, or chocolate blueberry to name a few good flavor combinations.
I have a few more blueberry recipes for you, so don’t go away for too long, I’ll be back! Have a wonderful day everyone!